Korea is one of the go-to travel destinations in Asia and visa is a major requirement to prepare. Usually, Korean visa is aesthetically attached to a qualified person’s passport but, this will no longer be the case moving forward.
The Embassy of the Republic of Korea(ROK) in the Philippines recently announced that the Embassy will not be issuing visa label for visa application handled in the Philippines starting July 1, 2020.
With the latest of technology, ROK immigration will be using a new system to check and verify the visa status hence, a visa label will not be required to be attached on a certain page of a passport.
Visa details will be provided by the Embassy by issuing “Visa Grant Notice” on their official website. From there, the applicants can print out the document by entering their passport number, birth date and other necessary information.
How to print out the Confirmation of Visa Issuance document
1) Visit https://www.visa.go.kr
2) Click Check Application Status – Check Application Status & Print menu
3) Fill out Passport no., Name, Date of Birth and Click the Search button
4) If a visa application is approved, the Certificate button will be activated
5) Print out the Confirmation of Visa Issuance either in colored or in B&W.
The Visa Grant Notice will contain the following information of applicants:
- date of birth
- passport number
- visa details including visa issuance number
- status of stay
- period of stay
- number of allowed entries
- date of issue
- validity of visa
- issuing authority
Sample Visa Grant Notice document
The Visa Grant Notice is required to be presented by all foreign visitors to Korean Immigration Officers during immigration inspection in Korea. Meanwhile, presentation and submission of passport by applicants is still needed to serve as a document and as a proof of identification.