Wall climbing is a good workout that strengthens your upper body. It is a devise form of rock climbing where participants climb on an artificial surface made of brick or wood usually constructed indoors or outdoors.
One of the well-known destinations for wall climbing in Metro Manila is Climb Central. The climbing wall space is approximately 750sq.m., it is air-conditioned and considered to be the biggest in the Philippines.
Climb Central is situated in Mandaluyong City and can be reached by the following options:
By MRT: Shaw Boulevard Station, Exit at Pavilion Mall
By Car: Street Parking along Mayflower Street Open Car Park, entrance across police station on Mayflower Street
How To Enter The Facility
You need to be at least 5 years old, 20kg, and 1.1m tall.
STEP 1: Register at Home
- Guests who will enter the venue should fill-up the Facility Registration Form.
- Print the document.
- Bring the printed copy of the accomplished registration form upon going and entering Climb Central.
STEP 2: Come to Climb Central
- Be in sports attire or clothes you are most comfortable with(knee-length leggings is advisable).
- Bring a pair of socks.
- Complete the registration and payment on the counter.
STEP 3: Collect your Climbing Equipment
The following equipment can be rented for a day if will be needed.
- wall climbing shoe
You need to provide an ID with a photo as a deposit for your rental equipment.
STEP 4: Attend the 10-minute Mandatory Safety Briefing
- Carefully listen to the guidelines for the safety of your climb.
The Don’ts Inside Climb Central
- Don’t wear rental shoes without socks.
- Don’t bring rental gear outside Climb Central.
- Don’t wear climbing shoes when going to the comfort room.
They are open on weekdays from 1 pm to 10 pm and on Weekends and Public Holidays from 10 am to 10 pm.