The fact that you are reading this means you are ready to get on board on a plane and explore places, be it domestic or international. Hence, let me tell you that getting ready for a trip should not be worrisome and stressful for you. You just need to know the proper guidelines and documents to prepare for a smooth sailing departure.
Guidelines for Philippine Domestic Departures
Travel Documents for Domestic Flights
- airplane ticket
- a valid government ID, school ID or company ID
Check-in and Boarding Procedures for Domestic Flights
- Go to the airport 2 hours before your flight.
- Check-in your baggage(s), if you have any, at the check-in counter.
- Claim your boarding pass at the check-in counter.
- Pay the domestic terminal fee(if not included in the purchased airfare ticket).
- Proceed to the gate number specified on your boarding pass.
- You must be at the boarding gate at least 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
- Wait until you are allowed to board the plane.
Guidelines for Philippine International Departures
Travel Documents for International Flights
- Main requirements
- a printed copy of roundtrip airplane ticket
- a valid passport/a valid passport with visa label(passport must be at least 6 months valid from your date of travel for international trips)
- printed visa(if applicable)
- Supporting documents
- a printed copy of hotel bookings
- a printed copy of your itinerary
- company ID
- documents to serve as proof(if you have a sponsored travel)
- health and travel insurance(can be considered as a mandatory document in the “new normal”)
Check-in and Boarding Procedures for International Flights
- You should be at the airport 3 hours before take-off.
- You need to present your airplane ticket and passport to the guards upon entering the airport.
- Pass through the first security check.
- Pay your travel tax amounting to PHP 1,620 at the TIEZA counters inside the airport.
- Drop your check-in luggage(s) at the check-in counter of your airline. To find your designated check-in counter, check the airport’s LED Bulletin Board, and look for your flight number and country of destination.
- Present your passport and travel tax receipt to claim your boarding pass at the check-in counter.
- Fill-up a departure form before proceeding to the immigration counter.
- Get interviewed by an Immigration Officer at the immigration counter.
- Pass through the second security check.
- You must be at your assigned boarding gate at least 30 minutes before your flight.
- Wait until you are allowed to line up and board the plane.
Carry-on Luggage Allowed for Domestic and International Flights
- 56cm x 36cm x 23cm (22in x 14in x 9in) total dimension
- 7 kgs maximum weight
- Some airlines allowed their guests to bring additional small handbag, purse, coat, jacket, and laptop bag along with their hand-carry suitcase, while some do not.